Monday, October 18, 2010

Low Carb Pancakes



Who doesn't like fluffy pancakes in the morning? I thought they were a thing of the past when I started this low carb lifestyle. I am happy to report that I have finally created a recipe that I am proud to post on my blog. They are so good and fluffy too! These contain oat flour, which can be made at home with old fashioned oatmeal, pulsed in a blender until very fine. My low carb flour mix works well with this recipe too. My husband and I ate these for breakfast this morning, they were delicious! I hope you give them a try.



Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of my low carb flour mix or the following 2 ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup oat flour
  • 1/2 cup Carbalose or finely ground almond meal
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp guar gum (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (if desired)
  • 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup water 
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine flour mix, cinnamon and baking powder or use the oat flour, Carbalose or almond meal. Combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, vanilla and water, blend until very smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Batter with be a slightly thicker than regular pancake batter. You can add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time if it appears too thick. Allow batter to rest for a minute or so and then cook on a griddle or in a large frying pan until golden. These are great with either sugar-free syrup or berries and fresh whipped cream.




Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. That's it....I will be moving in as soon as I get the house sold. Go ahead and call the schools and get my kids signed up!!! These look so good.
    We made the Italian sausage & Penne pasta last night. It was amazing. Leftovers for lunch. Yay! ~love ya Sis, Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it says ricotta cheese in the recipe but also says cottage cheese. Can you use cottage instead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can i sub greek yogurt for the ricotta because I don't have it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions!