Sunday, August 10, 2014

Low-Carb Gluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuits




Low-carb gluten-free, fluffy, buttermilk biscuits? You bet! I am very pleased with this biscuit recipe. You can see how light and fluffy they are in the photo above. I used the new revised version on my Low Carb Gluten-Free Flour Mix. I actually prefer the taste and texture of these biscuits over my original Low Carb Biscuit recipe. I hope you do too!


Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of my revised Low-Carb Gluten-Free Flour Mix (sift before you measure)
  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons granulated sweetener of choice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup palm oil shortening
  • 1/4 cup cold butter
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 2 egg whites
Preheat your oven to 425F
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all of the dry ingredients and whisk together.
Cut in the butter and palm shortening until it resembles coarse crumbs.

Combine the remaining wet ingredients and whisk together. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
In a small bowl add several tablespoons of the flour mix. Scoop out about 1/3 cup of the biscuit dough and place it into the small bowl and lightly coat in the flour.

Place the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet and flatten to about an inch thick and pat to smooth the sides. Continue with the rest of the dough in this way, placing them with sides touching.
This recipe actually makes 10 biscuits, but I made a test batch before I baked this pan of biscuits.

Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and set in the center.

Allow them to cool for several minutes before serving. Any leftovers can be stored in the freezer for later use. I would love to hear your feedback on this recipe! Enjoy!




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions!